Bhutan The Land of Thunder Dragons
Roads to Heaven…!
We at Shikhar Vedh invites you all to Explore Land of Thunder Dragons, most nature friendly, Eco Travel Destination in the world “Bhutan”. The Buddhist kingdom on the Himalayas’ eastern edge, is known for its monasteries, fortresses (or dzongs) and dramatic landscapes that range from subtropical plains to steep mountains and valleys.
Join us to live the moment and make a memory forever with us.
Bhutan officially the Kingdom of Bhutan(Druk Gyal Khap) is a landlocked country in South Asia. Located in the Eastern Himalayas, it is bordered by Tibet Autonomous Region of China in the north, the Sikkim state of India and the Chumbi Valley of Tibet in the west, the Arunachal Pradesh state of India in the east, and the states of Assam and West Bengal in the south. Bhutan is geopolitically in South Asia and is the region’s second least populous nation after the Maldives. Thimphu is its capital and largest city, while Phuntsholing is its financial center.
Cost For the Expedition is as follow:
Mode of Expedition
Cost Per Person
BACKPACK by Traveler
Rs. 25500/- pp (Triple sharing)
Rs 27500/- pp (Twin Sharing)
* Accommodation would be in + 3 star properties
* Breakfast and dinner included (MAP plan)
* All transfers from Bagdogra to Bagdorga on Toyata Hiace
* All entry fees
* All permits charges
* All inclusive taxes
Batch Dates :-
B1: 26 April – 3 May 2020
B2: 3- 10 May 2020
Day 1: Sunday :- Pick up point @ Bagdogra Airport by 13:30 Hrs
Day 8: Sunday :- Drop point @ Bagdogra Airport by 13:00 Hrs
Kindly get your flight tickets accordingly.
7 Night / 8 Days Itinerary:
Day 01: Meet @ Bagdogra by 13.30 Hrs
* We shall embark the journey to the land of Dragons –Bhutan sailing and gliding across many meadows and an array of nature’s canvas. The beautiful journey will take 5-6 hours to reach Phuentsholing. Enjoy some cool snaps at Bhutan Gate.
* Enroute we will require to get permit for Bhutan. Keep your Passport / Voter ID ready / Few Photos Ready.
* After Reaching our Destination. Check in to Hotel.
* Roam Around in Phuentsholing Locally.
Day 02: Move towards Thimpu
* Breakfast and move towards Thimputhrough the picturesque landscape and magnifying aura, making the travel desired and easing the travel. This will take 4-5 hours to reach.
Explore places en-route to Thimpu
* Visit to Tashicho Dzong ( fort )
* Check in to Hotel and Take Rest. Dinner.
Day 03: Explore Thimpu – Punakha
* Get set to take out the wandering beast and explore the mostly unexplored.
This is the tinsel capital town of Bhutan stacked with small bubbling markets and the admired monks.
* In the morning visit to Kuensel Phodrang ( Buddha Statue ), Kings Memorial Chorten ( Stupa ) and Folk heritage museum.
* It nests the world’s biggest Buddha statue for the eyes to enjoy and heart to pray.
Afternoon Transfer to Punakha /wangdue via Dochu La ( 10,700ft) to view the high himalayas ranges in Bhutan region. Dochu la pass has 108 Chorten ( Stupas ) Druk Wangyal Khangzang Chorten which is believed brings multi fold merit to all sentient beings and which make the pass a must visit place
* Check in at hotel and REST. Have Dinner and Good Night.
Day 04: Visit to Gangtey ( Phobjikha Valley )
After breakfast will start for full day trip to Gangtey (9840ft ). Gangtey is the home of Black Necked Crane which are migrated birds from Tibet in the north. It is beautiful Valley of Bhutan. You can also visit to Gangtey Gompa ( Monastery). After exploration will travel back to Punakha/wangdue.
* Overnight Stay at Punakha.
Day 05: From Punakha to Paro
* After breakfast check out and visit to Punakha Dzong built in 1637 by Zhabdrung Nagwang Namgyal. For many years this place acted as the capital of Bhutan also known as Ancient Capital of Bhutan. Punakha is lil warmer that is why its still winter residence for Head of the Monk and King. After which we will take a short trip to Chhimi Lakhang ( Temple ) which is knows as “Temple of Fertility” was built by Lama Drukpa Kuenley, “The Devine Mad Man”.
* Will continue to drive toward Paro. Evening will roam around Paro market its a free time.
* Overnight Stay at Hotel and Rest.
Day 06: Paro – TAKTSANG Monastery – Paro
* Breakfast and start our Journey.
* Drive / Ride through a beautiful countryside and golden paddy fields. After ascending gradually making twists and turns we see small cottages before the road ends in a breathtaking pine forest.
* We start our trek for the famous Taktsang or Tigers Nest Monastery from here. It seems like it is perched on the vertical rock by magical glue. You will witness steep slopes and dusty paths in the forest as you reach closer, concluding the beautiful trek with 700 steps. The serenity and beauty of the place make one forget all the tiredness. This will take almost 5 hours of your day.
* we will visit the stunning Kichu Lhakhang, the oldest temple in Bhutan. In the evening we enjoy our euphoric moments in the lap of Paro valley and sleep through the night.
Day 07: Paro Sightseeing– Phuentsholing
* Morning Breakfast and checkout. Explore Ta Dzong Rinpung Dzong and travel back to Phuentsholing
* Overnight Stay and Dinner.
Day 08: Phuentsholing to Bagdogra Airport
* Today we bid adieu to Bhutan and proceed back to Siliguri.
We travel through the breathtaking mountains and captivating scenic beauty towards the India – Bhutan border and reach Siliguri after a lifelong memorable ride.
Terms and Conditions:
- Participant needs to get the personal medicines if any.
- All the accommodations will be on sharing basis (3 person) in all the stay locations.
- Participants needs to take care of belongings and all the electrical devices, cameras and ornaments. Shikhar Vedh will not be responsible for any kind of loss ( accidental / natural ).
- Since its a group activity, the group leaders decision will be final and we encourage support from all the participant for the same.
- We are visiting to high territory, so that any change in itinerary due incidents due to natural calamities, bad conditions or other issues which is not in our control will be cost effective to all.
- In case of sudden Hike in Visa Fee or any unforeseen hike will be applicable to participant fee cost
Jagdish Patil : 9702121373 / 9869369836
(Team Shikhar Vedh)
What if have to cancel trip due to some unavoidable circumstancies.
Do we see chuzom ,takin wild reserve and do archery in this itinerary because I didn’t come across it
Does this tour allows a child age 5 years with adults company?